Old October 31st 10, 06:22 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default A wikipedia detour

On Oct 31, 5:14*am, Skywise wrote:
I was terribly bored and took the time to read the discussion.

It's a very simple issue and you seem dumb as a brick regarding
it.

If what you propose is NOT original research, then you will have
references to verifiable sources that also discuss what you
propose.

The wikipedia moderators are simply enforcing the rules of the
system that require all content to be referenced to verifiable
sources. They've asked that you supply these references.

It seems you are the one who's being obstinate and obtuse.

I must be terribly bored again, since I took the time to reply
to your drivel.

Have a nice day!!!!

Brian
--http://www.skywise711.com- Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy, Skepticism
Seismic FAQ:http://www.skywise711.com/SeismicFAQ/SeismicFAQ.html
Quake "predictions":http://www.skywise711.com/quakes/EQDB/index.html
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

I pulled the thread because it was badly written but it was not a
complaint against that monster operation called Wikipedia,it is the
astronomical observation that a rotating celestial body with a viscous
composition displays differential rotation hence the highest
probability for the mechanism linking the Earth's spherical deviation
and plate tectonics is one that is already observed in exposed fluid
celestial compositions in rotation.In order to exempt the Earth from
differential rotation for the purpose of maintaining a stationary
Earth mechanism that is thermal driven 'convection cells' means
completely ignoring what astrographs are dictating,you may find this
utterly boring and I have nothing to say about that however the
proposal that there is a connection between the rotating fluid
interior of the Earth with clues left on the surface crust is
incredibly exciting in my eyes.

Of course ,astronomers here are managing to ignore the elephant in the
room in proposing an imaginative 'fact' which completely
disassociates the day/night cycle from daily rotation by denying,even
by being silent,that there are more than a full 365 rotations in a
year and orbital circuit.I have no doubt that readers already see what
went wrong hence the door is open for monster entities like Wikipedia
where everyone is an authority.Before I brought up differential
rotation 6 years ago there was not one sentence on a rotational
mechanism while now there is a whole section but totally devoid of an
uneven rotational gradient across equatorial and polar latitudes so
this is how 'science' is done these days,a slow assimilation that
concocts enough 'citations' to obscure a singular achievement,the
difference being a genuine love of the planet and the forces that
shape it rather than those who pursue terrestrial observation as a
career to impress themselves and others who are of the same
disposition.

I see the viscosity of the Earth's interior pour out of every volcanic
fountain or fissure as lava and can comprehend the energetic dynamics
behind the great geological structures I see with my own eyes and the
real time machine written in the rock and fossil records which are
everywhere as I walk along the shore,drive through the canyons,in
valleys and mountains even if it is perhaps difficult to imagine the
timescales involved compared to our short timespan.