Old March 4th 13, 10:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jochem Huhmann

Default SpaceX and NASA Host Teleconference Today on SpaceX 2 Mission to Space Station

David Spain writes:

Do we know which of the upcoming Falcon 9 flights this will be?
Will it be the next ISS resupply mission (Flight 4) or one of the
upcoming satellite launches?

Hmm, Flight 4 to the ISS will go up on a V1.1, but I have no idea if
there will be a satellite launch using that earlier.

To be honest, I could imagine that SpaceX would rather risk an ISS
launch to go wrong than a satellite customer's payload (the latter are
paying the bread for SpaceX and they are probably more risk-adverse than
NASA with ISS-supplies which are probably cheaper to replace and less
time-critical anyway), but this is pure speculation.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."