Old March 13th 18, 10:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default BFR early next year.

In article ,
says...

On 2018-03-13 17:01, Alain Fournier wrote:

If they do just a little hop with BFR or BFS, I would call that just
a small test. But I'm not if it should be called a small ****ing test
or what :-)

I they are able to get to test either BFS or BFR with real engines and
real tanks by next year, it is a HUGE thing because it means they have
progressed significantly in all of the core issues that allow scaling to
such a large rocket.

They built a full scale composite tank and pressure tested it to
destruction a couple years ago.

http://www.businessinsider.com/space...nk-ocean-ship-
test-2016-11

Getting to the point where you can build the prototypes is a big thing
even if the test flight ends up being glorified fireworks.

The prototypes had better be close to BFR/BFS in many ways, or it
wouldn't be very useful would it?

Jeff