Old November 14th 08, 02:13 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley

Default Griffin bye-bye at NASA?

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0811/13griffin/

Spock is dead?

We all hoped it would be true, now we're starting to see confirmation that
even Griffin expects to get the boot.

Still, Griffin is clueless. He said:

We're in a good policy direction right now. NASA, in my view, for
the first time since (the) Nixon administration terminated Apollo,
NASA is now doing the right things. We're also doing things right,
but, we're doing the right things. If somebody wanted me to stay on
but said 'now, we need to go over here,' well, do it with somebody
else.

He also said that keeping the shuttle flying beyond 2010 is harder the
closer they look at it. I think it's only harder because of Griffin's
insistence of tearing out all the shuttle infrastructure in order to replace
it with Ares. Cancel Ares, and those problems vanish!

Let's see, Ares is an abomination, so I think that cancelling it would
qualify as "now, we need to go over here", where "here" is EELV. Goodbye
and don't let the door hit you on the @$$ on the way out!

Jeff
--
beb - To paraphrase Stephen Colbert, reality has an anti-Ares I bias.