Old November 14th 08, 05:27 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle

Default Griffin bye-bye at NASA?

On Nov 13, 5:44*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0811/13griffin/

Spock is dead?

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
Of a extended SRB!
The Moon was lost, but now am found,
When Dubya appointed me.

’Twas thrust that taught my heart to fear,
And stretching my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that extra segment appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
Constellation has already come;
’Tis Dubya has brought me safe thus far,
But Obama may send me home.

NASA promis’d good to me,
Their retirement package my hope secures;
They will my shield and portion be,
As long as my life endures.

Yes, when this program and mission shall fail,
And Shuttle launches shall cease;
I shall possess, within this vale,
A life of joy and peace.

Constellation's funding shall soon dissolve like snow,
The Ares I forbear to shine;
But NASA, who hire'd me here below,
Will be forever mine.

No Shuttle was lost, thanks to my good work,
Though Hubble twas not repaired.
At least I wasn't a complete jerk,
When to Dan Goldin compared." :-D

Pat

He will be remembered most for his ill-informed decision to bring back
the poorly-designed-to-begin-with NASA Meatball logo.