Old June 25th 04, 12:56 PM
Ted Molczan

Default Fast Flashing 2004-021B

Paul Zeller wrote:

"PZeller66" wrote in message
Paul, regarding your problem with SeeSat-L, have you contacted
the list administrator? There's an e-mail link in the first
paragraph of this page:

I haven't tried that yet, but thanks for posting the link.

The email that I get back from the list reads,
"Your post to the mailinglist appears to contain an attachment or

enriched
text...
Such posts are not accepted on this mailinglist. please resubmit your post

as a
plain text document.
You may have to reconfigure your mail-program."

I haven't sent attachments and I've tried to see what the enriched text
business is about...I'll try the link.

I administer SeeSat-L, and when I saw that you were having problems posting
messages, I sent you messages - on May 24 and Jun 22, which apparently you
did not receive.

I regret that you are having problems posting, but perhaps I can help.
AOL's default e-mail format is html, but for security reasons, SeeSat-L
automatically rejects all but plain text messages.

Here is a site which explains how to send plain text from various versions
of AOL:

http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/sendhtml.html

Judging by your e-mail header, it appears that you are using AOL 8.0. If so,
then according to the above site, that version may be incapable of sending
anything other than html. AOL solved the problem in version 9.0, and it
works fine with SeeSat-L.

I hope this information proves helpful, and I look forward to your
contributions to the list.

Ted Molczan