Old September 22nd 12, 08:31 AM posted to uk.sci.weather,uk.sci.astronomy
Roger Smith[_2_]

Default massive meteorite shower

N_Cook wrote:
Dr paul wrote in message
Sorry if this offends as not the right group ,but just seen a massive
meteorite to the north of Leeds uk ,travelling east north east to
west south west ,it split up at about 40 degree declination and to
the north of me ,into 6 to 8 fragments and disappeared into the west
, the whole thing visible for 20 to 30 seconds ,absolutely amazing
,best I ve ever seen.Anyone else see it?
Paul

++++

As viewing restricted to the north of the UK, does that not suggest
it came from a low orbit, so space junk origin more likely?

No. It was not seen from the South because it was cloudy there. I believe
there was a report from Norfolk.

Roger