Old September 22nd 12, 08:05 AM posted to uk.sci.weather,uk.sci.astronomy
N_Cook

Default massive meteorite shower

Dr paul wrote in message
Sorry if this offends as not the right group ,but just seen a massive
meteorite to the north of Leeds uk ,travelling east north east to west south
west ,it split up at about 40 degree declination and to the north of me
,into 6 to 8 fragments and disappeared into the west , the whole thing
visible for 20 to 30 seconds ,absolutely amazing ,best I ve ever seen.Anyone
else see it?
Paul

++++

As viewing restricted to the north of the UK, does that not suggest it came
from a low orbit, so space junk origin more likely?