Old August 15th 03, 10:35 AM
Rich McMahon

Default Recommendations for beginner telescope

Geth

If you can swing it the 8" f6 dob would be the way to go. If not the
6" f8 dob would be a good stable platform to start out with. As posted
below if its only 50.00 more for the 8" id save my up and get it. The
8 will give you better resolution on the planets and let you see
galaxies and nebula that would otherwise be invisible or very faint to
you.

Best of luck

Rich

On 12 Aug 2003 19:35:41 -0700, (gethin) wrote:

I'm looking for something inititally for looking at mars, but I'll be
looking at nebulae and galaxies too later on. I was hoping to spend
about 500-600AUD (about 300US). I'd really appreciate some suggestions
(even about types would help)
Geth