Old August 14th 03, 09:23 PM
Wade A. Hilmo

Default Recommendations for beginner telescope

I totally agree that the 8" is worth the extra $50.

I got the 6" because it is quite a bit smaller (just the right height for my
7 year old son, who will be the primary user). Also, I already have an 8"
SCT (and will be picking up my new 14" CGE-1400 at Oregon Star Party in two
weeks - I'm meeting the vendor I bought it from there.)

I don't think that you can go wrong with either the 6" or 8" Deep Space
Hunter. If portability is an issue, you might want to see a 6" and 8" in
person before deciding.

Thanks,
-Wade

"Jon Isaacs" wrote in message
I would add that the same scope in an 8'' is only $50.00 more and gathers

lot more then $50 of light. It's worth the step up.

BV.

That would be my choice.

jon