Old August 13th 03, 07:28 PM
Phil Wheeler

Default Recommendations for beginner telescope

bwhiting wrote:
Looking for something more? I have a 24 f4 (Nova -optics) portable
truss type for sale.....Really sees Mars great!! Also great on DSO's
.....near photographic quality on Whirlpool, M-13, 27, whatever.
But it's not a 'beginners' scope and it certainly is more than 300
USD....more like 5995 USD. Just a thought. Scope was replaced by a
30 inch portable truss, and is only 6 years old.

Tom,

Reflecting on an earlier post re keeping our economy healthy, I applaud
your consumtion and it's benefit to the rest of us!

Sounds like a case of "aperture fever" g; how long will 30" be enough?

Phil