Old January 20th 07, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: WLM galaxy

George Normandin wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote

........ A distant
member of the local group. Websites give various distances of 3.4 to 4
million light years. Beyond M31 in any case. I vote for the shorter
estimates.

Rick,

Great image!!

This dwarf galaxy is sort of "the sticks" of the universe, or at least the
local group - an appropriate target for a guy living on a remote lake!

George N

You're right about me being in the sticks. In the last election all
resident adults of my township (36 square miles) voted -- all 28 of us.
And many of them voted by absentee ballot as they had already headed
south for winter. There are less than a dozen of us who didn't head south.

Rick