Old August 10th 03, 12:03 AM
Brian Thorn

Default A human Mars mission?

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 21:06:32 GMT, (Christopher)
wrote:

Thats a sad indictment of America and it's 'frontier sprit'

You're indicting us because we don't want to spend $100 billion to
raise our flag on Mars? I'd like to see a manned expedition to Mars in
my lifetime, but there are many more important things to do with that
kind of money right now.

I bet if
our European Space Agency announced a human mission to Mars, and
started major work and had a date for the landing Congress would have
a rapid change of mind, as Americans don't like coming in second
place.

Possible. Unfortunately, I strongly advise you to *not* hold your
breath waiting for the Europeans to initiate such a program.

Brian