Old November 30th 05, 07:51 PM posted to sci.astro,alt.sci.planetary

Default Scientists Find Huygens Probe Landing Site, Release New Animation of Titan

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...
In message .com,
writes
SCIENTISTS FIND HUYGENS PROBE LANDING SITE,
RELEASE NEW ANIMATION OF TITAN
From Lori Stiles, UA, University Communications, 520-621-1877

Last week Rizk made a minute-long animation, Titan descent movie, from
images taken during the Huygens probe's two-and-one-half hour
alien-world
plunge. The animation is online at the DISR Website,
http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/DISR/. Rizk created the animation from
Cassini
imaging, radar, and visual and infrared mapping spectrometer data as
well as
DISR data. It traces the actual descent profile that the probe took as
it
swung and spun east down to Titan's surface.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, but is anyone else having problems
downloading it?
It keeps stopping and I have to restart. I'm using Mozilla 1.0.7

It's nearly 300Mb. I downloaded it OK on one machine
using IE6 but got an error trying to play it I think
because it uses the latest version of AVI format than
the media player version I have on that machine.

George