Old January 23rd 05, 08:30 PM
Scott M. Kozel

PaulCsouls wrote:

There's talk now of sending a rover similiar to the Mars rover to
Titan. I think with Titan's thick atmosphere and the much greater
distance a balloon is a better idea. A heat source created from an
oxygen supply and the methane atmosphere could power a hot air
balloon. The probe could then do aerial photography and land to do
soil analysis. The oxygen fuel could also be used to keep the
electronics warm. I think a balloon would be much smaller and cheaper
than a rover for Titan and cover a much larger area.

Perhaps it could be a blimp with propellors, steerable and able set its
own course.