Old January 3rd 19, 02:35 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)[_2_]

Default library work: where is paper I?

In article , Dan Riley
writes:

"Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)"
writes:
The paper

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1965SvA.....8..854D

starts out "The present paper is a continuation of [1]"

where [1] is "Ya. B. Zel'dovich, Astron. Zh., 41, 19 (1964) [Soviet
Astronomy - AJ, Vol. 8, p. 13", so I'd conclude that is paper I.

Yes. It is clear that the three form a series. Still, when a paper has
"II" in the title, there is usually a previous paper with essentially
the same title but with "I" instead of "II". I thought that perhaps
the titles had been changed in translation, but that doesn't seem to be
the case. Paper I doesn't mention figs. 3 and 4 in the text. Thanks to
some friendly help, I now have the originals and will check whether
those figures are mentioned in the text. Perhaps this is missing in the
translation, perhaps other stuff is missing. (Things are usually lost
in translation. In this case, something was found in translation: Paper
II, in the original, has a wrong page number in the reference to Paper
I, which is correct in the translation (which cites both the original
and translation of Paper I).)