Old October 17th 18, 11:49 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Soyuz Rocket Launch Failure Forces Emergency Landing of Soyuz!

In article ,
says...

On 2018-10-16 06:38, Jeff Findley wrote:

You might want to read up on commercial crew. Start with the basics
like how many crew NASA is planning on flying inside them on each
flight.

can you point me to authoritative place where current information is
easily found? Before making the previous post, I googled it and all I
found was the design capacity of 7. Not the planned capacity for ISS
flights.

Seriously? O.k. I'll agree NASA's Commercial Crew webpage is devoid of
nearly all factual (useful) information. NASA's PAO is going for flashy
looking webpages instead of, you know, actual information like they used
to provide in PDF form. Ugh. I hate this trend. Dumbing down content
of the nation's most well known scientific/engineering organization.

So, as always, Wikipedia is pretty much the best starting point for
anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commer...ew_Development

So, it looks like crews of 4 for most operational missions. The list of
crewmembers on Wikipedia are only NASA astronauts. As previously
discussed, commercial crew will carry international astronauts also,
including Russian cosmonauts.

The maximum crew capacity of 7 could be used in a contingency. Say a
commercial crew vehicle develops a problem on orbit and another vehicle
needs to replace it. In that situation, it could come down with more
crew than it went up with.

Jeff