Old July 6th 07, 05:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Comparison of Pseudo RGB to Direct mapped narrowband

Stefan brought up how the synthetic hbeta rendition of the NGC7K widefield
made using Halpha and [OIII] resembled an RGB nebula

using the same idea but including the [SII] line, I made another such
pseudo-true color image of the Veil region.

in this current case this prescription was used

Red = Ha + 30% [SII] (because the [SII] is in the red spectrum and also is
weak compared to the Halpha)

Green = [OIII]

Blue = [OIII] + Hbeta

Hbeta = 30% * Halpha (approximating the natural 2.92:1 ratio of Ha to Hb)

I took the previous image, disassembled it and reassembled it according to
the prescription above

Here's the updated webpage with the non-downsized resolution versions
linked:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/vei...ao3s2_page.htm