Old March 27th 13, 09:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: M65 featuring SN 2013am (and M66 ;-)

M65 was not a planned image for this spring, but the newly discovered
supernova tempted me to go for it.
If George Normandin was still active in this group he would have posted this
some days ago. I always have to think of him if I hear the word "supernova".
Did a google search and found pictures of comet Panstarrs made by him on the
starting page of Kopernik observatory, so he is still imaging.

I imaged the SN from March 23, 20:13 UT till March 24, 01:13 UT. The 87%
full moon was also in Leo, which gave me about 32000 ADU in 2x2 binned 5
minute exposures. SQM-L value was 17,0.
In addition gusty winds were shaking the telescope, should have used the 8"
GSO RC instead of the 10" Meade ACF.
I did not make flats during the night, so I tried to get them during
daylight, which did not really work. Removing the gradients was a nightmare.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF on a G11 mount, Atik
383 L+ camera, 23x5m Lum, 10x5m RGB each, all binned 2x2.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp8/M65M66SNcolourgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version