Old September 28th 18, 10:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Polar sunrise time 2018

Seeing the South Pole webcam is pointed to the ground in one image and the other obscured, there are still images of the single Polar sunrise last week as the Sun comes into view for the first time in 6 months -

https://www.noaa.gov/stories/feature...ival-of-spring

For the life of me I don't know why people oppose the surface rotation responsible for the Polar day/night cycle and ultimately, when it combines with daily rotation at habitable latitudes, causes the change in the seasons.

It is something to celebrate as this cycle has been going on as long as the daily rotation of the Earth.