Old September 23rd 18, 02:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 4:11:07 AM UTC-6, Paul Schlyter wrote:

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 12:58:25 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

So you say? Well, if so, point me to one single planet besides
the Earth known to have intelligent life. I'm waiting...

Point to one single piece of evidence that refutes intelligence in
our galaxy.

Your failure to provide the evidence I asked for noted. And here you
also used the flawed argument "since you cannot disproved me, must
be right".

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I presented probabilities that are almost certainty that civilizations
exist in the universe billions of years older than ours, and you
(dishonestly) prattle about "evidence."

Intelligent life exists on at least one place in our galaxy: here on
Earth. It may exist elsewhere too but we know nothing about that.

We DO have brains that can THINK. We deal with probabilities daily much
less certain than the probability of advanced civilizations.

Your false claim was that all Christian deities live in harmony,
without making any exceptopn for Satan.

Isn't Satan supposed to be a fallen angel? Are angels not deities?

If Satan isn't a deity it must be a mortal biological creature. If
so, Satan must be dead by now since it lived thousands of years ago.

False dichotomy. Are angels "deities"? Were they created? Who created
them? What about "spirits"?

"the LORD, the God of the spirits of all flesh" -- Numbers 27:16

"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison"
-- 1 Peter 3:19

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil,
and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the
earth, and his angels were cast out with him." -- Revelations 12:9

It is evident that Satan is a spirit, like as the "spirits of all flesh."
The difference is that he and his angels don't get the opportunity to
become flesh. So he isn't a "deity" nor is he mortal.