Old April 29th 05, 07:26 AM
Pat Flannery

snidely wrote:

AN INVESTIGATION OF DRAG REDUCTION FOR TRACTOR TRAILER VEHICLES - Oct
1, 1978

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1978025501.pdf

Shuttle and ET?

Think of it as a spin-off; your tax dollars at work. I wonder if they
had anything to do with the fairing that goes in front of the trailer to
streamline it? I was always annoyed they didn't end up looking like the
designs from the Futurama at World's Fair:
http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/news/press...2belgeddes.jpg
Screw the 787...Boeing should build this to compete with the A380:
http://home.att.net/~dannysoar/BelGeddes.htm
On the other hand, there is always the Italian madman Luigi Colani's
streamlined truck design: http://www.jsdi.or.jp/~jun/colani/Aero%203000.jpg
And his three takes on a space shuttle:
http://www.io.tudelft.nl/public/vdm/...ani/col071.jpg
Your tax dollars at play? Where the hell is the fuel and oxidizer
supposed to go? :-\

Pat