Old June 11th 07, 02:17 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Default Maximum Rate Shuttle Launches

Ian Parker wrote:

:On 11 Jun, 07:06, Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
: The original vision called for 40 launches a year (with 5 orbiters, I
: believe), with an assumption of simple ground operation.
:
: In actuality, they'd be hard pressed to manage 8 flights a year (with
: 4 orbiters).
:
: The only way to do better than 8-9 flights a year is use a different
: vehicle.
:
:
:All this was deducible during the DESIGN stage. Yet those who were "in
:the know" promised us cheap access to space. They knew all along that
:this was poppycock. Can you wonder that we do not believe everything
:that is trotted out now?
:

All those people are long retired and probably dead by now, Ian...

territory."
--G. Behn