Old March 6th 07, 05:05 AM posted to sci.space.history
Henry Spencer

Default Did Apollo do a burn prior to re-entry?

In article ,
Pat Flannery wrote:
Apollo dropped the skip partly because it also
dropped its original requirement for a landing in the continental US.

I've never seen a drawing of it, but I once ran into a mention of a
Rogallo wing equipped Apollo.

There were a number of ideas for just how to bring an Apollo down on land,
and if you read early Apollo papers, you can find details and even some
test results -- for example, there was substantial testing done on braking
rockets for touchdown.