Old March 5th 07, 04:48 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

Charles Buckley wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:

Henry Spencer wrote:

Hints: (1) France was not the only US ally that refused to
cooperate. (2) There was no particular rush, yet the US insisted on
going ahead at
once rather than taking the time to talk one of its allies around.

The trick would be to have gotten Andorra to host a visiting F-111
group for a airshow on the day of the attack.

Well.. Considering that Italy was just a few miles away, it kinda
makes you wonder why aircraft were launched from England... It
wasn't like Italy was not involved in a few other terrorist events
the previous couple years. And, there were US bases in Italy. If
planes flew from England, why not Italy?

I don't think we had F-111s normally deployed there, so the arrival of
them would be noticed, and this would have clued the Libyans in on what
was coming.

Pat