Old March 5th 07, 03:27 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Matt

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

Fred J. McCall wrote:
Matt wrote:

snipped

:http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...177726543.html

Too easily explained as 'disgruntled employee'. Just reading the web
page cited and noting the phrasing makes it pretty clear that the
writer is more interested in 'spin' than accuracy.

Considering the circumstances of his resignation, yes, he will sound
like a disgruntled employee. Paraphrasing - "In my job as an analyst, I
can see there is no evidence of Iraq having WMDs that are a threat, but
the gov.au is saying that my department backs their assertion that they
do. I want no part of it." You value your ethical standards, too, right?

The upshot is, if Australian intelligence was aware of this prior to
troop deployment to Iraq, it's not a stretch to say that so did the
intelligence agencies of those major countries you mentioned.

Are you shocked that our governments might actually bend the truth for
the sake of furthering political endeavours? Let's face it, war is good
for the economy, and we really need that oil..