Old February 27th 07, 01:49 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Jonathan

Default 'Dawn' asteroid probe -- highest power ever?

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:29f4bdfc4f53c46cf5d65dbc6b567657.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Bill Bonde" wrote in message

I'd chip in a tener to send you to Venus.

At least upon Venus there's unlimited renewable energy to burn (sort of
speak), as well as obviously loads of easily obtained elements.

In other words, your 'Dawn' is so freaking bad off spendy that it's
likely costing us at least ten fold whatever your LLPOF NASA is
suggesting.

But..but...but asteroids are important! Just think..all these
nea's and their metals and minerals just sitting there for
the taking. We could build all kinds of colonies from
them. And just think, all those comets and their water too.
Once we get our hands on asteroids and comets, we'll have
everything ...everything we have right here on earth.

And we'll have all that stuff way the hell out there somewhere.

Planting our seeds baby. I mean if you can't make plans for
two hundred years from now, why plan for the future at all?

Really, who cares what we might accomplish in the
next twenty or forty years, when we could spend all our
resources, and all our time, laying the groundwork
for the twenty third century....instead?

I think they call it being visionary, or something, or maybe
lunacy, no no wait, it's called the big lie.

They paint a pretty picture for us rubes to gawk at.
And while we're enjoying their show-and-tell
they pic our pockets to line their own.
And they laugh ..at us..all the way to the bank.

But we still have the dreams they gave us.

Colonies and spaceships and all that making the
solar system look like LA during rush hour.

ya

Brad Guth