Old February 18th 07, 02:33 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

Quadibloc wrote:

I would take steps now to ensure no Iranian nuclear-armed missile can
reach Israel, let alone the United States. Because Israelis, like
Americans, or Dutchmen for that matter, are peace-loving people who,
like us, simply want their children to get a good education and have a
bright future.

They also are the fourth largest exporter of arms on the face of the
planet, bettered by only the U.S., France and Russia in that order-
which is mighty impressive given their small size:
http://www.defensenews.com/story.php...5903&C=mideast
With a population of 6,200,000 and $4.86 billion in arms sales in 2006
that works out to be a per-capita amount of $783 in arms sales per Israeli.
That gives the diminutive country (10,840 sq miles, less than a third
again as big as my home state of North Dakota's 70,704 sq miles) 15% of
the world's arms trade.
With a population of 301,000,000 and arms sales last year of 12.75
billion, the comparable figure for the U.S. is $42.
So for being a peace-loving country, they seem to have around 18 times
as much arms export related income as we do per capita, and we're no
slouches in the arms export business.

Pat