Old October 30th 08, 03:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Helpful person

Default This is NUTS !

On Oct 29, 7:59*pm, "Chris.B" wrote:
On Oct 29, 2:11*pm, "Michael Tee" wrote:

It's the killfile for you nutbar !

I might be flattered, son, *if you had any status in my world but you
have none that I can detect. You have just forfeited what little you
might have gained in your fleeting lifetime here by playing the boor.
It is a reflection of how low this board has sunk that my speculative
post did not elicit a response from a knowledgeable selenographer
prepared to lower himself to our level. I'm talking about rolling
lunar surface objects not the clearly marked joke about the monoliths.
There was a time, probably before you were born, that such a
suggestion would receive several lengthy responses. Explaining in
minute mathematical detail why incoming objects cannot roll on the
lunar surface no matter their velocity or density. It all seems so
long ago now... before we got religion, global warming and George
Bush. Not necessarily in that order.

I agree with you that it is unfortunate that it is difficult to get an
informed response to one's queries. It seems that a large proportion
of the population feels compelled to answer without any informed
knowledge. Unfortunately, the less the knowledge, the more verbose
and more definitive the answers become.

I apologies in not answering your question but my knowledge of
planetary ballistics is small. Just a small comment. It's
interesting )and sad) that George Bush has probably done considerably
more harm in that last 8 years than religion and global warming
together.