Old May 9th 08, 03:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

Default 40th Anniversary of 2001:A Space Odyssey

"Monte Davis" wrote in message
Dave Michelson wrote:

I'm sure Derek is a great guy, but his posts would be much easier to
take if he wasn't so down on *everything*

Then again, a lot of others' posts would be easier to take if they
didn't mistake the newsgroup for sci.space.cheerleading.

In fact, maybe we'd be farther along in space if cheerleading hadn't
taken the place of critical thought for so much of the last 50 years.

I agree with this.

I also think that the whole Ares I/Orion program is a disaster in the
making. They're overweight and trying to deal with the SRB vibration
problem at the same time. I think there is precious little chance that Ares
I will be able to launch a lunar capable Orion. Hopefully the politicians
will wise up and abort this Ares I/Orion fiasco well before it flies. Space
station got redesigned several times to schedule and cost overruns, so I
think history backs up this possible scenario.

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein