Old July 31st 03, 12:19 PM
Tom Rankin

Default A review of Star Hill Inn - Long, but worth reading if you planto go someday

To all: Thanks for the kind words...

To Lon:

Ah yes! The Tree! There was one tree we dearly wanted to go out and
cut down! It blocked our view of a good part of the South East. I have
a feeling Phil cut some trees down many years ago, and now some are
growing up again. Of course, for me, coming from the North East, I
could still see down to lower declinations than at home on a flat horizon.

There were a couple of trees not far from the 24" dome too, but as they
were to the North, it did not quite matter as much.

Lon Dittrick wrote:
I also spent a couple of days at StarHill in late June. This is a
pretty good review. Phil was very gracious and was kind enought at
11:00 P.M. to open up a scope for me after the skies cleared on my
second night there. It was a great experience! My only beef is that
the southern horizon is partly obscured by trees, eg. Scorpius was
only half visible off the horizon. Other than that it was a great
couple of nights! Lon

--
Tom Rankin - Programmer by day, amateur astronomer by night!
Mid-Hudson Astronomy Association - http://jump.to/mhaa

When replying, remove the capital letters from my email address.