Old February 2nd 08, 03:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: M92 is not just Hercules' other globular

Understood... I worked on a few of the last tty models when I was with
Control Data...

Okay on mom in law... We did similar duty hr with wifes grandma and then
wifes sister in latter stages of cancer... so bless you for that care. It's
a lot of work.

At least you are getting some fishing in!

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

Doug W. wrote:

So much for my typographical skills.

Well... I know you can type like crazy... so one partial mistake is
allowed once in a while... When am I going to hear you on the digital
modes??? I am having much fun with soundcard RTTY and PSK.

I loved RTTY with the old mechanical machines and a UT-4 so I could gear
the machines for 100 WPM and type away. After computers replaced
mechanical gear I lost interest. No way I could bring the model 28s and
19's up here so junked them. I've had trouble getting interested again.
I'm about 30 years out of date now.

Time is something I don't have much of lately, Wife's mom broke her hip
so we have 24 hour a day nursing duty. Good thing I'm a night owl. I
guess it is good its been so cloudy, I'd not have the time for imaging I'd
like. In winter 40 and 80 are solid power line noise (something is arcing
but the power company isn't interested in tracking it down) when temps get
below about 20F (which it hasn't even reached now for over a month). 20
would be usable. Just haven't found the time or interest. Ice fishing,
snowmobiles etc. seem to take up the time I'm not watching the
mother-in-law while the wife sleeps. Then there's the wood chopping for
next winter. It splits far easier when frozen and I don't get so hot and
sweaty. Froze the propane tank a couple times this winter so had to rely
on a lot more wood than usual. Couldn't image the nights we were forced
to burn wood to stay warm. Of course those were the clear ones. At least
we put in a fireplace that can heat the house to 70 in -30 weather.

I'm imaging through gunk right now but don't think I'll get anything
useful. Brighter stars look foggy so its pretty thick up there. It's
something to do while watching "mom". Got the camera at -35C and it is
now drawing 4% power. If I go lower the front of the optical window
frosts. Not sure which will nail me first, the frost or the gunk.

It's been an "interesting" winter!

Rick