Old July 17th 07, 04:32 PM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.policy,us.military.army,alt.global-warming,sci.military.naval
Rich[_2_]

Default ...The Greatest Weakness of America!

Peter Muehlbauer wrote:
"Rand Simberg" wrote
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:27:57 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"Jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

I've seen such panic situations with my own eyes
several times, as i live in Miami. Trust me when I say
when the day comes the world realizes the oil party
is over, it'll all come crashing down ....overnight.

Not a steady decline, but in a panic.

Nonsense. "Peak oil" is a myth. We have huge reserves in shale and
tar sands, which become economically viable at prices below the
current ones.

Just an hour ago, there was a documentation on german TV about
a farmer in Tennesee, who found oil on his land by flike.
An oil company then was exploring his land and found lots of oil
although there hasn't thought to be oil.
They now convey about 4000 barrels a week from there.
I think, the earth has still a lot of oil, it has only to be found.

Was his name Jed Clampett? :-)

Cheers,

Rich