Old July 17th 07, 04:22 PM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.policy,us.military.army,alt.global-warming,sci.military.naval
Eduard Groenstein

Default ...The Greatest Weakness of America!

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:12:15 +0200, Peter Muehlbauer wrote:

If it's made from the cellulose, then it is ok. Better than composting that.
I know from Paragauy, my future home, that there is added about
10% ethanol to the gasoline, that makes motors run very smoothly and
extends the endurance.
But even if i.e. Paraguay has very much of sugar cane, it is not enough to
replace fossil fuel. Ethanol will always be an additive, but no replacement.
I don't know much of the conditions in Brazil, or even Florida, where you
live, but without selective cultivation it would not be enough either.

10% ethanol is common in many countries. Because of its lower calorific
value you won't drive as far on a tank of 10% as you would on 100% motor
spirit. It does however increase the octane rating so for some engines which are
turbo charged and can sense knock and adjust charge pressure accordingly
ethanol means more power.

The ultimate renewable fuel is ****. Everybody ****s, production
always tracks population size. What a magical fuel.