Old June 24th 18, 03:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Newest Alabama company will develop nuclear engine for Mars spaceship

In article m,
says...

"The international nuclear technology company BWX Technologies, Inc. opened a
Huntsville office Thursday to begin developing products for the aerospace and
military including a nuclear propulsion system that could send rockets to Mars."

""We're talking about something very different here," Geveden said. "We're talking
about an active nuclear reactor to run hydrogen across the core and expand it out
through a nozzle.""

See:
https://www.al.com/business/index.ss...y_will_de.html

Millions to assure Mars won't get contaminated with germs
and not a dollar to protect Mars from nuclear pollution.

I guess we might as well stay home and never bother becoming a space-
fairing species then. Goodbye too all humans when the next big
extinction event happens.

Jeff