Old October 3rd 12, 07:27 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Ciszek

Default Latest moon attempt

In article ,
RichA wrote:

When it comes to the Moon and planets, size matters. This was shot
with a Panasonic G1 and a home-made 1000mm f8 lens. The lens aperture
was 120mm.

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...38333/original

OK, I need to just give up. Homemade, no less. An expensive tripod
doesn't hold my 500mm lens adequately still; I leave image stabilization
turned on. How do you hold that 1000mm monster still enough?