Old September 25th 03, 04:50 PM
Richard DeLuca

Default My Darkest Night

In article GMDcb.12947$vj2.5770@fed1read06,
"Jan Owen" wrote:

"Starlord" wrote in message
I didn't even own a telescope back in the winter of 68/69, but I was

able to use
some Bino's and as long as the guard capt. didn't catch me looking up

instead of
out I could at lest scan the ultra dark sky overhead and sitting up on a

dead
volcano top I wasn't worried about anything sneaking up on me from the

plains
below.

I was in the Central Highlands of Vietnam just about 3 clicks from the

4th Inf.
main base.

Yep! Skies were nice and dark (when there weren't parachute flares
drifting down) around Chu Lai, the year before, too...

The freedoms we enjoy were secured with the blood of patriots. You
might not have felt like patriots at the time, but you were. Thank you
both.

Starry Skies,
Rich