Old July 21st 09, 12:26 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,alt.politics,alt.society.zeitgeist
giveitawhirl2008

Default On Moon Landing Anniversary: WANT TO EXPLORE OUTER WORLDS?

On Jul 20, 7:10*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
"giveitawhirl2008" wrote in message

Are you old enough to have watched the first Moon landing, live? (BTW
- Neil Armstrong apparently did NOT blow his lines. He said "One small
step for a man, One giant leap for Mankind." The "a" in "for a man"
did not come through due to the relatively poor quality of interworld
communications in 1969.)

Yes I am and yes he did blow his lines. The 'a' was omitted.

Neil insists he said the "a" and that it did not come through on the
transmission. Unless, since I last heard, they beat him into
submission and he signed a confession that he did NOT say it. (You
know, like they beat Buzz Aldrin into submission, made him get in
line, and pretend that the Moon landings really occurred? [:-)])