Old February 11th 14, 09:44 PM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Rabbit, run!

On Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:53:26 PM UTC-8, Fevric J. Glandules wrote:
Nice to see something moving on the lunar surface again.

Looking forward to the selfies.

From being twice frozen to death and about to get a third time roasted to death, as well as constantly radiated and tormented by ionized dust, doesn't exactly look good for Yutu or its lander.

Notice how the rover tracks vanish, shadows that simply do not match and how poorly the dynamic range of their CCD imagers operating at 400 k (260 F) can't seem to perform any better than Kodak film.
http://d1jqu7g1y74ds1.cloudfront.net...Ken-Kremer.jpg

Of course, not one iota of actual raw science from the China yutu or that of its lander has ever been offered. The best we ever got were of their media eyecandy infomercials composed of these 3rd and 4th hand modified images with no CCD imager or optical specs.

By the way, I still have numerous lunar samples of 3.5+ g/cm3 basalts that are highly paramagnetic and some of these samples every bit as hard as carbonado, compared to terrestrials basalt that seldom exceeds 3.1 g/cm3 and are barely a tenth as paramagnetic and clearly not formed as that of lunar basalt which solidified in a hard vacuum. No doubt our planet has several teratonnes of such highly paramagnetic basalt deposits as derived from our moon, because where else would most of that crater basalt crust material have gone, besides roughly a third as having been retained by the moon.