Old August 9th 03, 06:11 AM
Chuck Simmons

Default A tale of a small telescope.

Ratboy99 wrote:

Nine months ago, I became handicapped in such a way that I can't carry
much and can't walk without a cane.

What the hell happened, Chuck?

Spinal chord injury from a tumor. It left me with lack of proprioception
which is why I have trouble standing. In order to stand, I have to
either see the ground or hang onto something.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy your 90mm. Please don't be overly discouraged
by the weather out camping, there are many, many good nights to be had out
there under the stars to go along with the rainy ones.

Some years here we have thunder storms almost every night from sometime
in May through early September. I can really only get out once every two
weeks given I can't drive. There is little use in taking the telescope
out where I live since the light pollution is the worst I have ever seen
anywhere.

Chuck
--
... The times have been,