Old November 4th 06, 05:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy,de.sci.astronomie,fr.sci.astronomie

Default M1 - Crab Nebula in Taurus

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message
Thierry wrote:
Thierry wrote in message ...

Hi Anthony, king of the starfire !

I love and cherish my AP StarFire. Yes, six years on the waiting list

So long now ? I expected 1.5 years, 2 at bast (worst)... sad.

but what an instrument! The only mistake I made was not placing my name on
the list for two such instruments back in 1999.

To make a bino to challenge Miyauchi or Swarovski ? ;-))

I just picked up a Tak FSQ-106/f5 for widefield work and I am now in
heaven with these two wonderful scopes.

I cannot post a msg written in greek alphabet...

I just posted some Greek text above to see if it makes it through or not.

No. It doesn't.

Using the Mozilla reader in Netscape, I select View-Character
Encoding-Greek (ISO-8859-7) and the message is now enabled for Greek
characters. Next, I then select GR in my Windows (XP) toolbar so that the
keyboard can write Greek letters using the existing English keyboard on my
Dell and I am all set.

Not better (or it is my application).

I need the iso 15924 code

You do. See microsoft. I have the same problem and I cannot fix it. I need
to check all this.
it is not intuitive, as usual to MS :-((
I expected that new fixes and SP2 fixed this as the european users (with
pressure of the european commission and his greek member) are as numerous as
the US one and have all this problem of language.
But currently it is to the user to implement this option.

How do you write in greek in your post ? (I tried to write the
translation of "thank you" in greek, I gave up!).

In Greek, we say "thank you" with "Ευχαριστώ" or "Σ'ευχαριστώ".

"Ao..." Hum! Babelfish altavista give us the right answer too but we cannot
display it in this msg, excepted your friend Philippe.

You need a greek version of your mailing system as well to preserve the
iso codes ?

No I do not. I use Netscape V7.2 and the Mozilla reader that comes with
it.

Good idea but seems not enough... ! :-)
Of course it shoud be supported by the OS, not only by the application.
I haven't find an installation procedure online yet.
I could ask to some friends at E.C. is needed.

Thierry

Regards for LX,

Πολλά χαιρετίσματα από την Ελλάδα! (Many/Best wishes from Greece).

Thierry

Anthony.

Luxorion