Old December 18th 19, 05:44 PM posted to sci.astro
Carlos L[_2_]

Default A proposed astronomy-experiment on the speed of light.

El martes, 10 de diciembre de 2019, 1:11:04 (UTC+1), Carlos L escribió:

Should the constancy of the speed of light in vacuum be understood to have the value c "relative to the material detector" and not necessarily c relative to the reference frame of description?

An experiment...

I have received (in another forum) a remark to my above post "A proposed astronomy-experiment on the speed of light" in which the reader said:

"if the effect were true, the light would somehow have to "know" that it would eventually be detected by a moving Earth"

It is a reasonable critique because in my post I didn't explain that:
I consider plausible that an ordinary emitter of light emits at the same time many (a plurality of) light-type disturbances at different speeds relative to the source but the elementary detectors (mainly electrons) react strongly only to those disturbances of speed c relative to them.
I explain such possibility in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMwFjqGeAtE