Old November 4th 17, 09:01 PM posted to sci.astro.research
jacobnavia

Default Verifying

If there is anew kind of attractive force, unknown to us, that pulls
matter together, we should be able to see some effects of this feeble
force in our environment.

Now, consider the earth moon system. We have a mirror there, that can
reflect any laser beam to the earth.

The orbit of the moon should be affected if the geometry works. When the
moon is moving away from the center of the galaxy it should feel a
braking effect. Wehn it is approaching, an accelerating effect.

Over time these effects could accumulate. Contrary to the noise, the
acceleration should always have a vector pointing to the Sagitarius
constellation.

We have extremely precise clocks, and we have even detected
gravitational waves. I do not think that detecting this force is very
difficult, if it can be done at all, of course.

And if it is not detected, it is surely an argument againt that supposition.

There many reasons that the experiment could fail. Braking effects of
the tides, and many others, influences of other planets, etc. Taking all
that into account is a considerable work.

How big is that force?

Those stars must be pulled somehow, by this attractive force, so that
their rotation doesn't go down as distance increases. This force holds
the galaxy together.

But as distance increases, the force decreases. Nuclear force is very
strong but doesn't reach very far. Gravity is much weaker but reaches
farther, much farther.

But gravity decreases as the square of distance, and doesn't reach as
far as this new force, even feebler than gravity.

But it is feasible for astronomers to catch it now, they have all the
required technology.

Nobody is looking however.

Looking for perturbations in the orbits of the planets that point to the
center of the galaxy.