Old January 29th 18, 01:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Another source of light pollution

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:03:44 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc
wrote:

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 9:07:41 AM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson wrote:

If we value free expression, there are limits on the degree to which
we can ban advertising. But we could certainly ban it in many public
spaces.

What we value is free and open political debate. Advertising is not a human
right, and thus if other countries aren't in line with the Supreme Court's
interpretation of the First Amendment, that doesn't mean they're not
democracies.

Indeed. In the U.S., however, we grant rights to non-human entities.

(I don't really recognize the concept of a "human right". I think
rights should only be granted to human individuals.)