Old May 15th 06, 06:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy

Default FWD: [marssocietynewsletter] Gorshkov: Russian manned Mission to Mars by 202

wrote in message
oups.com...

And Mike claimed Russians have no money and this is simply wrong as far
as the government and it's oil and gas reserves are concerned.

I don't think I was claiming that the Russians have /no/ money, simply that
their space program doesn't have enough money to do everything they'd like
to do, as indeed our space program hasn't had. Even before the current
initiative, NASA sent out all kinds of proposals for all kinds of trips to
Mars and bases on the moon, and the like. None of it was, "Here's what's on
our schedule," it was, "If you give us a lot more money, here's what we'll
do with it". And we have always been a wealthy country.

--

Regards,
Mike Combs