Old May 12th 06, 05:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy

Default FWD: [marssocietynewsletter] Gorshkov: Russian manned Mission to Mars by 202

Space Cadet wrote:

Gorshkov: Russian manned Mission to Mars by 2020 is Feasible

Here is the article in russian:
http://www.mk.ru/numbers/2166/article75047.htm

Here is a link of the text of the Mars Society News letter:
http://www.geocities.com/the_wetzels/Mars.txt

My 2c worth: the Mars Society is so desperate to prove their cause that
they paint MK - Russian version of the National Inquirer as a reliable
source of information which it is not!

2 more cents on reading Russian publications (including translated ones):
if you hear a Russian say: "we are planning to do this in three years (or
more)" you have to translate it as: "we are not currently planning any of
this although it sounds cool"

My 4c ;-)

D~

Delivered via http://www.air-space.us/
The News and Discussions Platform for the Airspace Community
no-spam Web and RSS access to
sci.space.policy - 26315 messages and counting!