Old July 29th 15, 02:56 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

Bad processing on my part that I didn't catch. The corrector of an SCT scope is not even achromatic. Being very low power this has impact only on blue stars. I have to remove a blue halo this creates using a mask. I didn't do the mask for this star correctly. I usually rely on Color select to find the size needed, some need a bit of manual adjustment. I didn't see this was one of those.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
Hi Rick,

I noticed something in your image, on the left side. A sort of
halo around a blue star. It's just left of ASK 291016.0.

It kind of looks like a faint lens flare, but I don't notice
it around any other bright star, not even brighter ones.

I've attached your image with a little curve enhancment over
the area in question.

Brian
--
http://www.earthwaves.org/forum/index.php - Earth Sciences discussion