Old January 16th 04, 12:36 AM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Who will build the moon base?

(RocketScientistForHire) :

I have an image of what it must be like to work at Skunkworks or
Scaled Composites. I imagine that when you work at those places you
don't spend time in pointless meetings, or arguing with some other
department to send you some report. Instead you spend your time
actually designing and building stuff. That is the kind of atmosphere
I want to work in, but I want to work on moon/Mars bases.

That version of Skunkworks does not exist anymore, the beancounters have
taken over.

And the NASA departments are all going to be fighting over getting thier
share of the money, you can forget finding departments where everyone is
working towards a common goal, everyone will be fighting to get themselves
ahead.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to