Old July 2nd 03, 11:25 PM
Rand Simberg

Default When Shenzhou and SpaceShipOne beat Shuttle...

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 00:04:16 +0200, in a place far, far away, "M.
Scott" made the phosphor on my

I doubt if NASA would consider either an embarrassment.

Well, I would.

You're not NASA.

I certainly wouldn't.

Could you please explain this further? Why would you not consider this
an embarrasment?

Because there's no relationship between what NASA does, and what the
Chinese or Burt Rutan does. They've never claimed to be in a race
with either.

NASA is an embarrassment, but that's the case regardless of what
anyone else does.