Old July 3rd 03, 12:17 AM
Mark McIntyre

Default Book: Turn Left at Orion by Guy Consolmagno, Dan M. Davis

On 2 Jul 2003 14:45:35 -0700, in uk.sci.astronomy ,
(dave) wrote:

Has anybody got this book, what do they think of it? - Amazon reviews
seem favourable

Its a "recommended work" as far as most astronomy booklists go and
certainly well recommended in this group. Get it. I did, and its
afforded me many evenings of great enjoyment.

. Is it suitable book for a UK based beginer? -

Yes

the
reason I ask is chapter 9 is entitled 'Southern hemisphere objects'
but there is no chapter for 'Northeren hemisphere objects' - is this
because the book was written for/by 'southerners'

The reverse. most of the book is suitable for us northerners (the
authors are from the US)..

--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html